The Frustrated Voice

The Frustrated Voice
The location of the problem

Saturday 6 March 2010

Life keeps throwing stuff at me

OK, so give me a break... I don't know how much more I can cope with. I know I am alive and this has got to be a step in the right direction. For a few years now I have been in a kind of limbo, brought on by family illness and emotional trauma. I would not say I was depressed, more apathetic and disinterested. Felt I needed to rest, and probably did, need to rest.
And now, since November my life has been turned upside down... I have found some information on a condition called CCSVI which has a direct effect (it appears) on MS, I have taken my daughter to Poland to have this condition treated (me the home loving, gardening sculptor have travelled to a country I did not speak the language of), I have been recruited to help manage a group of people to raise awareness of this condition in the UK, and ended up emotionally embroiled in the whole thing, invigorated, unsettled, turned inside out, knocked sideways, thrown into new areas I did not realise I knew anything about, and part of a great adventure I could not have even begun to imagine 6 months ago.
But how much can a person cope with? How much restructuring can I manage? How much of me will be left when this is over? Will I be able to stand up? Live, love, enjoy? Time will tell. I LOVE MY EXPERIENCE.

No comments: